Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Let's Get Cooking

I am getting excited about my kitchen.  I used to enjoy cooking and baking -- making pretty things to eat.  That was all before I decided that fast food and other convenience foods were a fantastic option for someone who spends eight hours on her feet and just wants to come home and do anything but be on her feet.  That was a number of years and many pounds ago.

One of my goals is to start cooking and baking again.  One reason is because it will save my family money, another is because it will help me lose weight, another is because I enjoy it, and another is because I have a lot of sad and neglected recipe books on my kitchen shelf.  I keep telling them that I'll come back to them, but they're not even sure if they can believe me anymore.

Now that I am not working full-time anymore I certainly have the time for cooking.  What I don't have a lot of is stamina; that is something that I need to work on.  My lower back starts to hurt after standing for only a little while.  I blame this on two things: 1) my body no longer being used to standing and moving for long periods of time, and 2) my fat bottom.  But the more I move around the more my body will get used to it, and the more calories I'll burn, not to mention the food I'll be cooking will not be full of all the bad stuffs that are in all of that convenience food I've been eating.  So I can say a long goodbye to my fat bottom. 

This past Friday I had some bananas that were turning brown, so I decided to turn them into banana bread.  

My beeeautiful banana bread.

I have decided to take on a new project, which will be conductive to reaching my goal as well as bringing in some extra money.  I have signed up to be a Pampered Chef consultant.  Normally if someone were to ask me to consider being a consultant I would hightail it outta there faster than you can say "pyramid", but I feel really excited about The Pampered Chef.  No one asked me if I wanted to be a consultant; I love the products so much that I looked into being a consultant myself.  I was a little nervous about taking that step at first, because I am not a salesperson at all.  I hate getting sales pitches, and I'm certainly not going to give anyone else one.  But to be honest, I want that stuff.  I want almost all of that stuff.  And if I want it in my kitchen and I love it, then all I have to do is talk about what I love about it and it won't come off as sales pitchy at all.  

I'll be receiving my starter kit by the end of this week, and I can get right to using it.  That's another lovely thing about The Pampered Chef; they want their consultants to use the items in the kit for our own personal use.  That's how we get to know the products that we sell.  My plan is that until my body and I start cooperating and treating each other better, I'm just going to do book shows, which is just selling out of the catalogs.  Once I'm more used to standing for lengths of time and moving around without ouching and ahhing, and I've lost at least a little bit of weight, I will start doing cooking shows.  I'm totally excited about this.  I'll be like Julia Child, or Rachel Ray, or the Swedish Chef.  Bork bork bork!  

2 comments:

  1. the pampered chef has such cool gadgets for the home cook! best of luck with your consulting!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please don't leave this blog entry feeling sad and lonely. Give it some love! Leave a comment!