Saturday, September 28, 2013

It's Better Than Bad, It's Good!

I have an incredibly stupid amount of things to do.  Partly because I fell way behind on stuff while planning my recent wedding.  Partly because I don't know where to start; doing a little bit here, doing a little bit there, and at the end of the day not really seeming to have a whole lot of anything done.  And partially because sometimes with Netflix open on the Xbox I'll say to myself, "I want some background noise while I work, but I don't want something that will distract me.  I know--I will pick a movie I have seen a number of times before, so I won't pay any attention to it," then I will pop on Burlesque (for example) and say to myself, "I'll just watch the opening credits," but before I know it, I'm curled up on the couch under a blanket saying to myself, "Damn, this is a good movie."

I've come up with the perfect solution to my problem.  In fact, it may be the perfect solution to all of my problems.  Write a blog.  What? you say. Write a blog.  Add one more thing to my list of things to do.  Brilliant!  I'm not going to rationalize how writing a blog is going to help me get everything done that I want to get done.  I'm just going to do it and watch the blog work it's magic.  Countless people have successfully lost weight while writing about it in a blog (I'm planning on doing that too).  And what about that Julie & Julia writer who had writer's block and so she decided to cook all of the recipes from a Julia Child book and write a blog about it?  Girl got a book deal, money, a movie made about her book and her starring Meryl Streep, Amy Adams and Stanley Tucci (who is, by the way, awesome in everything, including the previously mentioned Burlesque).  

See?  Blogs solve problems.  I mean, blogs can't make all problems go away.  Julia Child said something nasty about Julie and hurt her feelings, and if I remember correctly toward the end Julie's husband got pissed and left.  Maybe he came back, who knows; I only saw that movie once.  But the fact remains that blogs are good.  That, and I enjoy singing, "It's blog!  It's blog!  It's better than bad, it's good!" to the tune of "Log" from Ren & Stimpy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave this blog entry feeling sad and lonely. Give it some love! Leave a comment!